Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where's the Line?

Where do you draw the line? The line between what you share about yourself online and what you keep private.

I believe in the careful communications recommended in a recent U.S. News article; and I also agree that those pictures don’t matter as much as you think. I applaud Penelope Trunk’s bravery in sharing her sometimes-controversial personal life with the world on her blog, Brazen Careerist.

So where do I draw my line? I’m a freelance writer and editor looking for new full-time opportunities. I’m a volunteer and a leader in my community. I’m a single, Jewish woman hoping to find her soul mate and have a family. I grew up in the Bay Area as the only child of a single mother. I have a sweet dog named Abby and I love to cook and play hostess to my friends. These are all important parts of me. Do I share what’s going on in each part of my life or just share bits with you?

My past writing was typically news- or feature-article-based or marketing-driven. My opinion had nothing to do with it. But Nosy Parker. Now that’s different. That’s me – my life, my opinion. So I’m going to be open and honest and share with you what’s on my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment